Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
unleadedthought

Philadelphia, US
12 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"D600 blown pixels?"

unleadedthought Registered since 31st Jul 2012
Sun 21-Oct-12 06:04 AM

I just picked up the most expensive piece of equipment that I know own. and what is this? blown pixels???

http://www.flickr.com/photos/69605418@N04/sets/72157631816926265/with/8107696156/

I screenshotted it because I'm lazy, and you can gather the information well enough. If anyone is more interested, I'd be happy to export a nice high quality tiff of jpg. I'll even send along the raw file. It appears this has only happened with my 28mm2.8 ais lens (the frames sans 28mm labeling were before i put in the lens details into the camera. at auto iso and manual iso. The images with two blown pixel locations are at 2x zoom while the two images with one blown pixel location are at 4x zoom.

This is very strange, and these are the only two instances on any frame, they are exactly the same width apart (no science behind that) and they are in approximately they same exact location. although it appears same location on two photos, one slightly higher and the other two slightly lower.

I'm around 60 releases into the camera. took about 5 seconds of video, have done no long exposures or anything of the like, in other words, the sensor cannot be overheating due to use.

I have zero insight into this, will do some solid tests tomorrow. But I think this may warrant contacting Nikon.

Any thoughts? Much appreciated.

Nicolas

A topic tagged as having a question D600 blown pixels? [View all] , unleadedthought , Sun 21-Oct-12 04:04 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D600 blown pixels?