Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Wireless for the D600

gsades

Mexico City, MX
5 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"Wireless for the D600"

gsades Registered since 11th Oct 2012
Thu 18-Oct-12 07:01 PM | edited Thu 18-Oct-12 07:03 PM by gsades

I ordered a couple of D600 accessories the same day the camera was put into the market. Almost a month after that, those items are not yet available. One of those is the WU-1b wireless mobile adapter (the other is the MB-D14 battery grip, by the way), and being unable to find specific information about expected availability has started to make me consider other alternatives.
The only one I've found so far is the curious and exotic CamRanger. I have to face it: the thing catches my eye. It's a sexy gizmo that makes the WU-1b look like a cheap toy (an inexistent toy up to today) and invites me to think about canceling my order.
Nevertheless, the shiny CamRanger is not exactly cheap. (Isn't even the name much attractive than the boring and meaningless WU-1b?). The price tag is much higher than the Nikon accessory: nothing less than 5 times more expensive. One of the most interesting things about WU-1b is that it's $60. Sadly, early reviewers say that's exactly the most relevant fact about this item. Functionality seems limited enough to consider it as an almost useless accessory.
On the other hand, you would need to spend $300 to get the CamRanger. Good news is that the thing appears to work well, and to have much more functionality. It works with several Nikon cameras, and with some Canon as well (go figure), so it might replace several items with only one nice, expensive item.
So the big question: does anyone have information or even experience with either or both accessories? Does CamRanger worth it?

A general, generic topic Wireless for the D600 [View all] , gsades , Thu 18-Oct-12 05:01 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Wireless for the D600
Reply message RE: Wireless for the D600