Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

ergonomics and 'going pro'

unleadedthought

Philadelphia, US
12 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: ergonomics and 'going pro'"

unleadedthought Registered since 31st Jul 2012
Mon 15-Oct-12 02:02 AM

That was smart — renting the camera first. Thanks for the feedback.

Good to hear on the size of the multi-selector, you're response and acclimation with it was what I would suspect of myself.

I'm definitely more accustomed to the d80/90 setup. And I cannot honestly say I don't like it. Because I do, it works great. What I like a lot about the 'pro' style is the top left command dial. very simple and easy access to ISO, Image Quality and White balance. — although i start to contradict myself in the coming ramble : ]

And if i want to be a nit picky, then I revel in the setup of this space. I'm always fiddling with my settings because i find myself going in and out of sunlight, or under or on top of something, weird places with varying lighting conditions — in and out of buildings. This constant flux of light color and availability has me switching ISO a lot, I used to mess around with WB a bunch too, but auto is fine. And I would totally change up my IQ more on the fly for different images

— YES, I do realize these buttons are at the ready on the D600, d80 and d90, and i simply hate their location. I really dislike those buttons left of the lcd.

Call me nuts, but those buttons are a pain to access when in the viewfinder — I find myself always pulling out of frame to hit the button and then stepping back in, only to have to reframe — do that 500 times in one day and you've increased your shooting time exponentially. not efficient. To me...that space left of the LCD is more for interacting with the lcd, you're looking at that screen, you're hands are properly placed, boom. But when in the viewfinder, my hands are top right trigger and wheels, and around the lens — with my thumb so close to that top left command dial : )

This is *clearly* a rant on my part — and I'm probably replying to multiple responses in this one thread — But I guess I'm just one of the undecideds (queue timely election quip)

A general, generic topic ergonomics and 'going pro' [View all] , unleadedthought , Sun 14-Oct-12 03:04 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: ergonomics and 'going pro'