Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

ergonomics and 'going pro'

SRFast

New York City, US
1522 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: ergonomics and 'going pro'"

SRFast Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Dec 2004
Sun 14-Oct-12 02:03 PM | edited Mon 15-Oct-12 01:51 AM by SRFast

Nicolas,
Welcome to Nikonians.

I don't own a D600, but I do own two Nikon "pro" bodies, a D2H & D3S. With their integrated vertical grips, they are fairly large and heavy. Because of their size, there is plenty of real estate to have dedicated buttons and controls for shooting options and settings. This is not the case on a "prosumer" camera body. Only the "essential" controls have redicated back panel controls. Less frequently used controls are relegated to the menu system.

I've owned a D70/70s, D200, D300 & D3. I had Nikon OEM battery grips for both the D200 & D300. From my experience, each of these bodies were an evolution from one to the next with dedicated buttons and controls on the back. For me, it was an easy transition from one body to the next. The D600 is a departure from this. There is no doubt it is a great camera and as long as the photographer does his/her part, can produce outstanding images, I don't see myself purchasing one. I know D600 buttons can be reassigned to different functions, but the control layout is too different for me. I am sure shooters upgrading from the more current Nikon comsumer/prosumer dSLRs will feel right at home with the D600.

If I eventually purchase a mega pixel body, I will purchase a used D3X or new D800. They are closer to what I am accustomed to.

Just my $.02.....JL

A general, generic topic ergonomics and 'going pro' [View all] , unleadedthought , Sun 14-Oct-12 03:04 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: ergonomics and 'going pro'