Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

HDR on D600 and 3 shot bracket limit

DavidHarsay

Fort Myers, US
34 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: HDR on D600 and 3 shot bracket limit"

DavidHarsay Registered since 10th Sep 2012
Sun 14-Oct-12 03:50 PM

Here's a mixed answer...

For me, the images look better using 7 at 1EV than they do if I drop four of them in between. If you only have the three to work with, you'll never know what you're missing It's nice to have more range and brackets if it's a very high dynamic range image, especially if the sunset or bright sky is a part of the image, but I don't think it's a big compromise. I often take 9 and end up dropping 2-3 of them... and when I take 7, sometimes drop 1-2.

The +/- 3EV gives you a pretty good 6EV AB range... and since the camera has excellent dynamic range anyway, just use RAW images and you are 95% there.

I you're really set to get the best possible HDR images possible, what you may need to do is use a tripod and manually adjust the exposure and shoot as many as you need. That's what Canon shooters need to do, as they only bracket three at +/-2EV. The pros who do HDR will usually want more range and more in between shots. The images tend to be much better with a tripod actually, although we all want to just handhold and fire away, and use the alignment in Photomatix to pick up the slack. The image quality goes up quite a bit using the tripod for many reasons.

A topic tagged as having a question HDR on D600 and 3 shot bracket limit [View all] , tstolread , Fri 12-Oct-12 09:13 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: HDR on D600 and 3 shot bracket limit