Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

"SO LONG" Still cannot shoot in "14bit depth" RAW, I ne...

WildIsle

CA
645 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: "SO LONG" Still cannot shoot in "14bit depth" RAW, I need some help, please>"

WildIsle Silver Member Nikonian since 06th Jan 2010
Thu 11-Oct-12 04:44 PM

> I will NEVER purchase another product from Nikon again.

Really?

I sympathize with you for your less than satisfactory experience, but who is getting the short end of this reaction? Nikon? I don't think so. The loss of your patronage won't register a blip on their charts. However you would be turning your back on one of the premier optical lineups in the world. I don't mean to be rude but this is a little like cutting your nose off to spite your face.

Better surely to calmly resolve the issue. After all you haven't actually determined for certain that there is a problem with the camera. I'd venture that there's a more likely chance that the EXIF data is reading incorrectly than the camera is faulty. And if there is indeed a problem with the camera it would not be unusual for a after-launch firmware update to remedy exactly these types of glitches.

No one would claim that Nikon is exactly the most forthcoming of corporate entities but overall you can't fault the standard of their products. Patience would be a better approach methinks.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

This is a hot, active topic! "SO LONG" Still cannot shoot in "14bit depth" RAW, I ne... [View all] , Garys , Wed 10-Oct-12 07:06 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Still cannot shoot in "14bit depth" RAW, I need som...
Reply message RE: "SO LONG" Still cannot shoot in "14bit depth" RAW, ...
                                        Reply message No 14bit Iamge Issue
Reply message How do I get RAW bit depth to display in LR4.2 Metadata...
Reply message RE: How do I get RAW bit depth to display in LR4.2 Meta...