Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

"SO LONG" Still cannot shoot in "14bit depth" RAW, I ne...

Garys

Mesa, US
234 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

""SO LONG" Still cannot shoot in "14bit depth" RAW, I need some help, please>"

Garys Registered since 22nd Sep 2009
Wed 10-Oct-12 09:06 PM | edited Thu 11-Oct-12 03:52 PM by Garys

Sorry to re-post this but I still cannot get 14bit depth to work on my second D600. I returned my first D600 as no matter what I tried, I could not get it to shoot in 14bit depth. Nikonian, JP, offered help and we walked through the set-up procedure and his D600 worked, as it was suppose to. I returned my D600 and received a replacement today. In the manual it states that 14bit depth in the default setting. I shot the first images in “Auto Mode” without making any adjustments and opened the files in Capture NX2 (latest version) and in View NX (latest version) and in both the metadata shows that the images were captured in 12bit depth. Of course I am shooting in RAW. Jpegs are all 8bit.

Anyone else have this issue?

Can anyone offer a solution to this problem?

Thanks,

**I have been a Nikon user for several years, D40, D60, D90, D7000, and now a D600. This was the first time that I had to use Nikon Support. After this experience, I am sending the D600 back and purchasing something else (what I do not know) but I will NEVER purchase another product from Nikon again. I think that Customer Service must be a new concept to them.
So long, I have enjoyed the Nikonians but its time to move on.**

----
Gary

Visit MY Nikon Gallery: https://images.nikonians.org/galleries/showgallery.php?cat=13361&ppuser=0

This is a hot, active topic! "SO LONG" Still cannot shoot in "14bit depth" RAW, I ne... [View all] , Garys , Wed 10-Oct-12 07:06 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Still cannot shoot in "14bit depth" RAW, I need som...
Reply message RE: "SO LONG" Still cannot shoot in "14bit depth" RAW, ...
                                        Reply message No 14bit Iamge Issue
Reply message How do I get RAW bit depth to display in LR4.2 Metadata...
Reply message RE: How do I get RAW bit depth to display in LR4.2 Meta...