Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D600: Sync Terminal Adapter and CLS

Artes

Toronto, CA
24 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"D600: Sync Terminal Adapter and CLS"

Artes Registered since 05th Nov 2006
Wed 10-Oct-12 08:21 PM

Sync Terminal Adapter and CLS

I am upgrading from my D300 and I am considering the D600 and the D800.

I do general photography including studio work involving both an SB-800 and a Buff Einstein Strobe.

With my D300 I fire the SB-800 remotely via the CLS system; the Einstein Strobe is connected to the camera via a sync cable.

My concern with the D600 is that it lacks a receptacle for the sync cable. The simple solution is to use a Nikon AS-15 Sync Terminal Adapter. This adapter slides onto the hot shoe and has a receptacle into which the sync cable connects.

The problem I see is this: to use CLS the pop up flash must be raised.

Can the pop up flash on the D600 be raised with the AS-15 Sync Terminal Adapter in the hot shoe?

Buff does make a wireless connection from the camera to the strobe, but again, the transmitter must be inserted into the hot shoe.

Is there a work around, or must I get the D800?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A topic tagged as having a question D600: Sync Terminal Adapter and CLS [View all] , Artes , Wed 10-Oct-12 06:21 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D600: Sync Terminal Adapter and CLS