Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
JohnE Nikon

New HArtford, US
932 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: First Impressions"

JohnE Nikon Registered since 15th Jun 2010
Fri 12-Oct-12 02:35 PM

I was very happy with my results from the portraits I did yesterday. These were made in difficult lighting conditions again.
The sun was low and very warm.
I shot about half in the shade but landscape was included.
I shot a couple in manual mode and wish I optimized my technique and shot more in manual mode as the shaded portrait images tended to blow out highlights of the sky. I suppose this is expected as I have a lot of experience shooting landscape I should have underexposed a little more.

Another happy surprise I found was that auto iso is now accessible from the sub command dial which was lacking in the D7000. I accidently went into this mode while I was trying organize 3 young boys for a portrait. Maybe I should have read the manual a little more carefully.

You can view some of these images in the below link.
Some of the problems with white balance and exposure are related to the scene and my lack of quick reaction to it.

I have a lot more experience with landscape than formal portraits and my hat goes off to those who can handle group portraits with young restless boys.

JohnE Nikon
https://plus.google.com/photos/104310967428146619677/albums?hl=en

https://picasaweb.google.com/104310967428146619677

"Cameras and lenses are simply tools to place our unique vision on film. Concentrate on equipment and you'll take technically good photographs. Concentrate on seeing the light's magic colors and your images will stir the soul." Jack Dykinga

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Another D 600 owner [View all] , JohnE Nikon , Wed 10-Oct-12 05:45 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Another D 600 owner
Reply message First Impressions
     Reply message RE: First Impressions