Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
jordivb

Manresa, ES
955 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Another D600"

jordivb Gold Member Nikonian since 01st Mar 2009
Wed 10-Oct-12 11:11 AM

My apologies to the OP, but I believe these remarks on lenses are relevant to the thread.
Thanks Stan for your reply.
I also recall a thread comparing 24-70 and 24-120 with many people favouring the latter.
I have now seen a thread with some people raving about an old 28-105 which is found used.
After some years browsing Nikonians forums I have come to the assumption that 14-24/24-70/70-200 are a must for extra IQ, specially on FX bodies. But for an amateur like me that's definitely a dream for the day pennies come from heaven.
If I decide to jump to FX, assuming that I will get almost nothing on exchange for the D300/18-200/10-20Sigma I'll have to stick to something cheaper for walkaround.
As for the balance issue you mention, I agree with your comments. It is true that the Center of Gravity varies, but for big lenses contribution of the body to the unbalance is lesser. Never experienced those heavy lenses, but that's basic engineering. In my opinion people mistakes balance for perception of total weight.
Regards.

Jordi
-Barcelonian-

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Another D600 [View all] , Cagger , Mon 08-Oct-12 04:03 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Another D600