Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

David Hobby on the D600

km6xz

St Petersburg, RU
3559 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: David Hobby on the D600"

km6xz Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Portraits and Urban Photography Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2009
Sat 06-Oct-12 03:03 AM

For those needing that one style of connector, Nikon and a dozen other company make low cost hot shoe adapters to give PC. I do a lot of flash work with off shoe speed lights and never use a PC connector so it would not impact me at all if I could not afford the $12 adapter.
Regarding the 1/200 sync speed, depending on the distance, Focal Plane sync is available up to 1/4000 and 1/200, 1/3 stop is not a deal breaker for many.
Much ado about very little.
Happens every time a new camera comes out and it is not exactly like what one used before. Lots of people proclaim a new model is unusable before ever seeing one in the flesh because of some change. Fine, obviously the D600 was not designed for David Hobby, he has plenty of bodies to choose from. No one camera will satisfy everyone but the D600 sure seems to satisfy a very large portion of the photography market.
Stan
St Petersburg Russia

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic David Hobby on the D600 [View all] , gkaiseril Gold Member , Tue 02-Oct-12 07:37 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: No Flash Sync Port on the D600
Reply message RE: David Hobby on the D600