Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
lovemy8514

Columbia, US
2419 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Cropped HDMI output"

lovemy8514 Registered since 05th Oct 2007
Tue 02-Oct-12 04:14 AM | edited Tue 02-Oct-12 04:34 AM by lovemy8514

Clean and cropped are not synonymous. Nikon didn't think about that for their marketing campaign.

For videographers, this may be a reason to choose another body. For photographers who mostly shoot stills, the D600 is a spectacular camera, with video simply an added bonus.

Nikon has yet to address the issue directly. Not being able to change aperture when recording video and using LV is another issue for videographers.

Coming from a D300 to the D600, the video will be spectacular for me. I'll simply record to one of the SD cards.

From reading forums concerning the issue, it sounds like the D600 will be the indie film camera of choice if these two issues were fixed. If they cannot be fixed via firmware a lot of people will be dissapointed.

J a m e s
My Gallery

Using his camera as a pen, it is the photographer's job to tell a story: Each page authored in frozen moments of time.

All of my work is dedicated to my father, Terry Lee Geib (1943-2009)

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Cropped HDMI output [View all] , FrozenViking , Mon 01-Oct-12 05:52 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Cropped HDMI output