Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Carry Speed FS-Slim strap with F1 foldable plate and D6...

arv

US
217 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"It actually fits but its really tight"

arv Registered since 22nd Dec 2012
Fri 21-Jun-13 05:56 PM

I got mine the other day. What I did was fold a piece of paper a few times (4-6 ply, thickness will vary depending on thickness of paper)and put it between the mounting plate arm and the body before I tightened the tripod screw in. I kinda bent the paper a bit to conform to the round part of the arm. To check for clearance I folded the paper (2-3 times and tried sliding it in and out in between the arm and body. So it does fit but it's really close and I bet when the mount moves a little bit (which it will) it will begin to ding the body. the good thing this is only when its folded down and not in the carrying position. So I don't think there is a need for the 1/16th rubber pad but it might still be a good idea to grind off just a wee bit, maybe half or a third of what you did and maybe at a different angle.

Mounted on the 70-200 VRII w/o the foot actually looks promising. It provides a small platform for your hand and lifts your hand a little bit off the lens so its easier to reach for the zoom/focus rings. If you leave the collar screw loose, you can easily swing the camera back and forth from LS to Portrait.

A general, generic topic Carry Speed FS-Slim strap with F1 foldable plate and D6... [View all] , bill_enh , Sat 29-Sep-12 04:37 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Carry Speed FS-Slim strap with F1 foldable plate an...
Reply message It actually fits but its really tight