Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Carry Speed FS-Slim strap with F1 foldable plate and D6...

bill_enh

US
117 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Carry Speed FS-Slim strap with F1 foldable plate and D600"

bill_enh Registered since 25th Mar 2008
Fri 29-Mar-13 04:30 PM

Carry Speed recently came out with a Sling Pouch which looks kinda cool but I already have a Think Tank Digital Holster 20 v2 that I like. Up till now I hadn't actually used it with the sling because of the way the F1 base plate is oriented. In a normal installation the large sling connector would need to get stuffed into the holster and would certainly scratch the camera or lens or both.

Then I go to thinking, what if I reversed the mounting of the F1 Plate?

Click on image to view larger version

As you can see above the reversed plate mounts just fine and while it doesn't provide for the signature Carry Speed side hanging of the camera, it works just fine while the camera is a bit less stable on your hip.

So by reversing the F1 plate the connector is sticking out the back of the camera and it allows for the camera to be loaded into the Digital Holster for those times when you want to put the camera away.

Notice that I'm using a dress belt for my Digital Holster. I'm having a hard time deciding which belt to buy...any suggestions will be appreciated.

Attachment#1 (jpg file)
Attachment#2 (jpg file)
Attachment#3 (jpg file)
Attachment#4 (jpg file)

Thanks,
Bill

D600, D90 w/MB-D80
FX Sigma 20mm f/1.8; Sigma 35mm f/1.4; Sigma 50mm f/1.4; Sigma 150mm f/2.8; Sigma 70-300mm f/4-5.6 APO; Nikon 300mm f/4
DX Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6; Sigma 30mm f/1.4; Nikkor 40mm f/2.8; Sigma 18-200 f/3.5-6.3;
Sigma 2x TC; Kenko 1.4x TC; SB800; Giottos MT-9360 Tripod with Giottos MH-1300 Pro Series II head

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Carry Speed FS-Slim strap with F1 foldable plate and D6... [View all] , bill_enh , Sat 29-Sep-12 04:37 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Carry Speed FS-Slim strap with F1 foldable plate an...
Reply message It actually fits but its really tight