The Carry Speed F1 plate did not fit my D600 right out of the box but the modifications were pretty simple and are explained below.
First, here's the plate mounted on the D600. Notice that the battery access is not hindered.
The problem with the fit was that the housing where the ball hitch pivots did not extend far enough forward to clear the bottom of the camera, so the plate would not lay flat when tightened to the camera. Additionally the folding ball, when folded, would hit the camera body.
So I made two modifications to correct this. First, I used a thin piece of rubber (maybe 1/16th thick) to raise the plate off the base and provide clearance. And the second mod was to grind a little material off the pivoting ball housing.
You can see both the rubber and the shiny silver area on the ball housing where I removed a little material.
The rest of these pics just show you the plate installed and the clearance which was achieved.
So far I'm happy with the fit and feel of the strap.
Oh, I almost forgot, the mounting plate is designed to fit any Arca Swiss head. I have a Giottos with a dovetail fit. I had to modify the plate a bit to fit my ballhead. I simply used a file to put a taper on the square edges of the Arca Swiss mount. Now it fit's my Giottos just fine. I covered all exposed metal with a black Sharpit.