Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

First shots with my D800

Thrillington

Lorton, US
66 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: First shots with my D800"

Thrillington Registered since 05th May 2008
Sun 20-May-12 02:08 AM

I will try to do that tomorrow and get them posted. I'm not too worried about vignetting. I like lenses with character. I bought my VR1 a few months before they released the new version but never gave it a second thought. I still shoot my 80-200 2.8 AFS as well. Love that lens.

The D800 has vignetting control/compensation as a menu item as well.

The only "oh ####" moment I've had so far (actually a few hours ago) is realizing that my 85mm 1.4 D looks like total mush on this camera. I simply can not get sharp images from it and the contrast/color rendition is a far cry from what I get off my D300. I really don't want to replace that with the G version. I was hoping to pick up the 35mm 1.4. Can't get them both right now. *sigh* Does it ever end??

Dave

A general, generic topic First shots with my D800 [View all] , Thrillington , Sat 19-May-12 11:33 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: First shots with my D800