Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D800 settings for BIF?

newbird

Neuville, near Quebec City, CA
2038 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"D800 settings for BIF?"

newbird Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 25th Apr 2006
Fri 18-May-12 11:28 PM | edited Fri 18-May-12 11:29 PM by newbird

Receive my D800 tomorrow, I'm upgrading from D200 (quite a step).

I have 500mm f/4 VRII and 70-200mm f2.8 VRII. I also have 2X TCIII and 1.4X TCII.

I have Gitzo 5 series with Gimbal and Manfrotto monopod with Q20 Markins ballhead.

BIF have always been difficult with D200 mostly because of focusing issues.

What optimal settings would you recommend for D800? ISO, F/, AF, shutter speed, WB, lens?

I shoot in a natural reserve where birds rarely come closer than 50 feets (15 m) and only when it is sunny (at least with D200 since I never shoot faster than 400 ISO).

Thanks,

Yvan
Quebec Fine-Art Landscape Photographer
http://yvanbedardphotonature.com

A topic tagged as having a question D800 settings for BIF? [View all] , newbird Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 , Fri 18-May-12 09:28 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D800 settings for BIF?