Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Capture sharpening for D800e

walkerr

Colorado Springs, US
16903 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Capture sharpening for D800e"

walkerr Administrator Awarded for his con tributed articles published at the Resources Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in multiple areas Master Ribbon awarded as a member who has gone beyond technical knowledge to show mastery of the art and science of photography   Donor Ribbon awarded for his most generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 Nikonian since 05th May 2002
Thu 17-May-12 10:46 PM

I don't own a D800e, but I have another camera that lacks an AA filter. I still find that some capture sharpening is helpful, but to a lesser amount. How much and what you do here will depend on the raw converter you use because it relates to what happens within the demosaicing process. My recommendation is zoom into 100% and adjust the parameters until you get something that looks sharp and doesn't have obvious artifacts such as halos. One size definitely doesn't fit all unless you photograph only one type of subject. Ideally, everyone should have several good presets: one for detailed subjects (like landscapes), one for portaits, and one for higher ISO images that you'll adjust according to the ISO setting.

Rick Walker

My photos:

GeoVista Photography

A topic tagged as having a question Capture sharpening for D800e [View all] , gpoole Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his excellent and frequent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community in the Nikonians spirit. Awarded for his very generous support to the Fundrasing Campaing 2014 Writer Ribbon awarded for his article contributions for the Articles library and the eZine , Thu 17-May-12 06:49 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Capture sharpening for D800e