Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

May 14th, Hogan on lens choice for the D800

KnightPhoto

Alberta, CA
4962 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: May 14th, Hogan on lens choice for the D800"

KnightPhoto Gold Member Nikonian since 18th Dec 2006
Fri 18-May-12 03:58 AM

Rob, I like the idea of the new f/1.8 "G" primes. They seem to be incredible value and performance. And mating them with a compact D600 (and yes even the D800) sounds like a whale of fun!

I recently went to my dealer comparing the Tamron and Nikon 70-300's. In the process he ended up digging out the 24-120 and 28-300 too. It was an interesting decision, kind of like how Thom discusses. I got the Nikon 70-300 VR because I intend to mate it with my 16-35 as my two lens daytime travel kit. At night I'll pull out my recently traded for Sigma 15mm fish and Sigma 50mm f1.4. I've decided to leave the 24-70 and 70-200 home, which will be a first-time-ever.

What did you think 0f Phil Bloom's video shootout, sounds like the D800 is the winner over the D4 and 5Diii (although each of the 3 had an advantage in certain ways).

Best regards, SteveK

'A camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera.' -- Dorothea Lange
My Nikonians gallery
My Nikonians Blog

A general, generic topic May 14th, Hogan on lens choice for the D800 [View all] , Robman3 , Thu 17-May-12 05:50 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: May 14th, Hogan on lens choice for the D800
Reply message RE: May 14th, Hogan on lens choice for the D800