Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D800 - Time to send it in

Clint S

Chula Vista, US
460 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D800 - Time to send it in"

Clint S Silver Member Nikonian since 02nd Jan 2011
Sun 20-May-12 07:22 AM

>... The problem is that sometimes,
>it seems to focus pretty good. Other times, it's off.

If the focus issue is not consistent then I'd suggest two things, testing needs to be properly done and/or the issue is not with the hardware.

With previous models quite a few had to learn how to properly use the camera and problems did not exist with the camera. Understanding the focusing modes, how they work, how they work with each different exposure mode and how each focusing point works as well, are all applicable.

For me the D7000 was a big learning curve and setting up the focusing modes with the exposure modes to achieve the focus I expected each time, took a while to work out. Another issue for me was I am no longer able to hold the camera as steady consistently (as in every shot) as I used to be - thus resulting in some shots not focused while others were.

Visit my Nikonians gallery - my Spare Time gallery

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic D800 - Time to send it in [View all] , RidgesPhoto , Thu 17-May-12 01:37 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D800 - Time to send it in