So, here's my question - how would I know when it might be safe to order a D800E without having to worry about it possibly having the AF issue? I didn't jump on the bandwagon to get one as soon as possible. I want one, but I'm willing to wait until the issues are worked out by Nikon. How would I know when that will be? I don't mean I'm looking for an exact date. I mean, will they ultimately acknowledge the problem and post something on their web site that it's resolved in manufacturing or will one of the Nikon insiders get the word from Nikon and tell others or what? At this point, I'm not so desperate to get one that I'm willing to risk getting a bad one but I also would not want to have to wait until 2013 to order one. Of course, I realize there's always the chance of getting a defective camera even after this problem is fixed but right now, the odds don't seem to be very good for getting one that isn't. From the one survey posted here, it seems at least 30% of the ones people have already gotten are going to get sent back to Nikon for repair.