Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Waiting on my D800E – do I need to upgrade lenses?

dkelly

CASTLE ROCK, US
29 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Waiting on my D800E – do I need to upgrade lenses?"

dkelly Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Jul 2002
Sat 19-May-12 02:28 AM

Thanks for the link and info Al. My understanding of the gold ring is it signifies ED glass. I've got a couple in the 180 and 300mm.

I joined Diglloyd the other night per the previous Nikonians recommendation. He has a tremendous amount of info on his site, an excellent resource. Wish I had known about his site sooner.

At this point I'm seriously considering the Zeiss Distagon T21 F2.8 ZF.2 lens. It was recommended earlier, and Diglloyd has some great info on it. Since this would be the lens I would use most often I feel compelled to upgrade so I have absolutely no doubts when shooting. Only problem is I won't be able to blame my equipment if I don't like the output!

Like you, I'll need to do a thorough check with my existing lenses when I get the D800E and make decisions from there. I'm certainly not anticipating a need to do any other upgrades other than the Zeiss which should take care of me for quite a while. But we all know how this can change!

Thanks!

Doug

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Waiting on my D800E – do I need to upgrade lenses? [View all] , dkelly Silver Member , Tue 15-May-12 11:51 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Waiting on my D800E – do I need to upgrade lenses...