Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

How do you configure your memory cards for D800?

Antero52

Vantaa, FI
2684 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: How do you configure your memory cards for D800?"

Antero52 Silver Member Awarded for his expertise in post-processing, being  consistently helpful and professional. Nikonian since 07th Jul 2009
Mon 14-May-12 06:03 AM

I’ve had my D800E for a little over a week, and my usage of memory cards may change. Initially I’ve configured the primary CF card to store NEF and the secondary SD to store JPG. The SD also appears to store video. With my D90 or P7100 I don’t shoot JPG at all, but since the D800E has dual card slots, I might use the SD slot for backups. Since my SD cards are smaller and slower than my only CF card (Sandisk 32GB 600x =90MB/s), I configured the SD to store JPG to shorten the image transfer time. That way, I can show my photos if I come across a computer that can’t read CF cards or NEF files.

Regards, Antero

This is a hot, active topic! How do you configure your memory cards for D800? [View all] , DiamondPhotography , Sun 13-May-12 05:36 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: How do you configure your memory cards for D800?