Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Long live local stores

KnightPhoto

Alberta, CA
4954 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Long live local stores"

KnightPhoto Gold Member Nikonian since 18th Dec 2006
Fri 18-May-12 03:31 AM

Got my D4 from my local dealer April 14. I always order local for cameras and lenses for the speed, for the service, for easy warranty workflow and to get myself very low on their pre-order list. Has worked very well for me since I got back into serious photography in 2006. In some hard to decide cases I have even gone down to my dealer with tripod and camera and shot similar lenses side by side outside their front door, compared the photos at home, and went back and got the lens that looked better for my needs.

The wait list issue seemed to take some folk by surprise this time around, but in truth we have discussed this specific phenomenon at Nikonians what I thought was "so many times" over the years, that to me it has always been what I thought was a a well-known issue. I was surprised that others were surprised by this

Anyhow, down at my dealer yesterday she told me they are down to only 15 more D4 on their pre-order list which she expects Nikon to fill in the near future. My sense is that as these local-dealer draw-downs play out, the really big preorder lists at the online dealers will ameliorate at a faster pace than current.

I didn't get specific D800 numbers from her, but she did indicate they are continuing to trickle in.

And for the first time in a while, they have D7000, D5100, and D3100 all in stock concurrently and expect the D3200 in June. Things are looking up!

Best regards, SteveK

'A camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera.' -- Dorothea Lange
My Nikonians gallery
My Nikonians Blog

A general, generic topic Long live local stores [View all] , dchak Silver Member , Wed 09-May-12 05:59 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Long live local stores