Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Long live local stores

gpoole

Farmington Hills, US
4124 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Long live local stores"

gpoole Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his excellent and frequent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community in the Nikonians spirit. Awarded for his very generous support to the Fundrasing Campaing 2014 Writer Ribbon awarded for his article contributions for the Articles library and the eZine Nikonian since 14th Feb 2004
Wed 09-May-12 09:00 PM

I ordered a D800e from my local store on April 25 and picked it up May 7. I ordered a D880e from Roberts Camera about a week after announcement. Roberts didn't have one for me when I cancelled the order after getting it locally

I'd ordered a D800 from the local store about 2 weeks before the D800e order and it still wasn't in when I picked up my D800e. I didn't want both, I just changed my mind and they didn't bother to cancel the D800 order.

Two morals to the story: Buy new items from your local store and it may be easier to get a D800e instead of a D800.

Gary in SE Michigan, USA.
Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the camera.
D4, D810, D300 (720nm IR conversion), D90, F6, FM3a (black), FM2n (chrome)
YashicaMat 124, Graflex Speed Graphic 4x5
My Nikonians Gallery & Our Chapter Gallery

A general, generic topic Long live local stores [View all] , dchak Silver Member , Wed 09-May-12 05:59 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Long live local stores