Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Feeling the Nikon D800 Exuberance!

DigitalDarrell

Knoxville, US
5987 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Feeling the Nikon D800 Exuberance!"

DigitalDarrell Team Member Founding Member of the Nikonians writer Guild. Author of most of the NikoniansPress books. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 Charter Member
Tue 15-May-12 11:10 PM | edited Wed 16-May-12 12:43 AM by DigitalDarrell

Over the weekend I shot a graduation ceremony with over 1000 images. This camera is very responsive. I find it to be faster than my Nikon D300S. It shoots a little hot and I had best results at -0.3 exposure compensation. Nary an out of focus picture in the whole lot. First camera I can trust to use Auto-area AF with AF-C for any period of time. Uncannily able to find faces and lock focus on them. Amazing success with the pictures. Used an SB-900 and a second-generation AF-S 24-120 f/3.5-5.6G lens, not known for its sharpness. Well, it's plenty sharp on this D800.

Also, I went out and shot a bunch of new images in the Smoky Mountains yesterday with my D800. I find that my exuberance grows daily. Back to mountains. I shot several hundred pictures of mountains, deer, bears, and waterfalls. I love the springtime and my new D800. It was raining quite hard while I was shooting yesterday, yet I just kept on shooting. I got the shots and the camera still clicks. Here's another sample:

I've got a wedding coming up Saturday, and after that fast-moving graduation I am looking forward to using this deluxe camera at the wedding.

==============================================
Darrell Young (DigitalDarrell) www.pictureandpen.com
"Better too many words than not enough understanding."
==============================================

This is a hot, active topic! Feeling the Nikon D800 Exuberance! [View all] , DigitalDarrell Team Member Founding Member of the Nikonians writer Guild. Author of most of the NikoniansPress books. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 , Sat 05-May-12 12:38 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Feeling the Nikon D800 Exuberance!