>I would be going from a D200 to a D4 or D800. I will be >disappointed if the D4 is in the D3 price range or higher and >if the D800 is right up there in price. If that were to happen >and there was no $3000 full frame option, I would just wait >for the D400 or whatever the next D300s upgrade will be >created.
Well said! We'll have to wait and see - Nikon and other camera makers pushed their products roadmaps out by many months to compensate for the delays imposed by earthquakes, tsunamis and floods in Japan and Thailand respectively. Like you though, I too expect Nikon to push FX downward into its model line up. I expect to see a sub-$2K FX body sometime in the next 18 months, not just evolution of the Dxxx and Dx FX lines.