Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Nikon D700 vs. Nikon D800 high ISO comparison

gqtuazon

FPO, US
644 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Nikon D700 vs. Nikon D800 high ISO comparison"

gqtuazon Registered since 18th Nov 2009
Wed 07-Mar-12 02:53 AM

Thanks for the link Hektor. I don't have much technical experience to make a claim if the sample comparison was fair. The comparison between the two made the D800 appear to be cleaner.

However, if both files were printed on an A3 or A4 picture, the D800 might look cleaner since it tends to conceal the noise in the shadows better due to its larger file size. That is just my assumption based on what was previously explained to me.

With that said, I wonder how will the D800 fair against the D4 if you print the pictures and do a comparison at ISO 6400.

Regards,

Glenn

A general, generic topic Nikon D700 vs. Nikon D800 high ISO comparison [View all] , Hektor Platinum Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 , Tue 06-Mar-12 11:00 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Nikon D700 vs. Nikon D800 high ISO comparison