Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Dumb(?) question about blur and digital v film

km6xz

St Petersburg, RU
3571 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Dumb(?) question about blur and digital v film"

km6xz Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Portraits and Urban Photography Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2009
Mon 05-Mar-12 06:37 PM

Brings back some memories for sure. When I was shooting film, the cost was not an issue, never thought about it back in the 70s and 80s, through any of the 86 countries I visited. But the activity of shooting caused me to slow down, lots to think about when setting up and composing each shot in addition to MF, light meter, etc. When I would return from a trip of a few weeks I might have only 5 rolls but each was significant to me. Now, I routinely shoot 600-1200 frame per night on a weekend of club or concert shooting, mostly club where the images are more important to the subjects than to me. I do it because it makes people happy and its fun but other than those(for me, very good reasons to do anything) reason, they are not art or "significant" meaningful images.
Now, money is a factor in how much i can spend traveling or buying toys since I live off the local economy here in Russia, and before I was mostly living off royalty checks and income from my several businesses. I am in my 3rd retirement but never sat back and relaxed for more than a day or two before getting worked up about some new opportunity. Now, in this retirement in a far off and strange land, I spend my time between three businesses, each started on nothing, and more socializing time than I have ever had...even as a teen. Photography is a hobby that facilitates the other hobbies. Meeting fascinating people(read beautiful young women) is certainly aided by having either a every cute small dog, or a mean looking large camera;>)
I can't stand FaceBook either...
Stan
St Petersburg Russia

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Dumb(?) question about blur and digital v film [View all] , Omaha , Wed 29-Feb-12 11:56 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Dumb(?) question about blur and digital v film