Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Dumb(?) question about blur and digital v film

musical

north-central, US
1050 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Dumb(?) question about blur and digital v film"

musical Registered since 12th Feb 2010
Sun 04-Mar-12 11:30 PM | edited Sun 04-Mar-12 11:33 PM by musical

Hi Stan,
I really appreciate your narrative on this. I sort of, well, kind of, relate. Somehow it all works out, though?
Hmm, I remember, in 1983, going to London with a Pentax, just two prime lenses, no lens cleaner, no flash, probably no lens caps, and a broken light meter... but taking really nice snapshots all over the city. I could not be too creative though. Film, its cost, did steer me to conservative photography, and that haunts me today, and frustrates me.

Remember worrying about any wasted shot? Remember worrying about the cost of each picture?
I did all the pre-thinking in my mind with film, and then took one picture-- like "throwing the long pass on third down" and just saying a prayer. Once, I saw a professional burn through film with a motor drive, but no way, not me. I'd do maybe one picture each 20 minutes. Oh, no WB. I just guessed exposures. I avoided night pictures.

Well, Stan, you could buy yourself a d800 and count nose hairs 'till the cows come home. Isn't that a funny way to put it.
The world changed, that's all. It's going to be ok. I love my camera. Facebook probably gets on my nerves? If I were king, I'd say "let them all have d800s," and ban facebook maybe.
jw

"Close Your Eyes and See With Your Heart." />a quote by Canadian writer Kerri MacDonald.

A general, generic topic Dumb(?) question about blur and digital v film [View all] , Omaha , Wed 29-Feb-12 11:56 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Dumb(?) question about blur and digital v film