Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

New Nikon Cameras and Weddings

geoffc

San Pedro, US
132 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: New Nikon Cameras and Weddings"

geoffc Registered since 21st Apr 2008
Tue 06-Mar-12 11:40 PM

I shoot weddings, but also a lot of architecture and studio portraits. I'm going to order a D800 for the increased pixels to push around.

But for weddings? D4 all the way, if you can afford it. Of course, as mentioned, that's a huge jump in price if weddings or sports is only a smaller part of your work.

My d700's work perfectly for weddings, but I'd take another 3 or 4 stops of ISO in a heartbeat. Plus, the framerate of the D4 can be quite necessary when capturing quick moments without having time to compose and focus normally.

Honesty, a used D3s, or even a D700, will get you everything you need for weddings. The D4 is NICE, but if I weren't going to shoot video, a D700 and the extra cash for lenses would be my choice.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic New Nikon Cameras and Weddings [View all] , mrpenguin Silver Member , Mon 05-Mar-12 02:37 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: New Nikon Cameras and Weddings