Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Why do you use a grip?

Ferguson

Cape Coral, US
5701 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"Why do you use a grip?"

Ferguson Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for the generous sharing of his high level expertise in the spirit of Nikonians Nikonian since 19th Aug 2004
Fri 06-Apr-12 12:36 PM

For those with Dxxx type cameras with a grip (as I don't know if anyone has gotten the D800 yet?)... why?

I ask because I have never held a Dxxx camera with a grip (nor a Dx camera without, which I gather is similar). But I've seen so many posts lamenting the lack of D800 grips available so far and/or their price.

I realize they provide more shots without battery change, I realize they provide faster speed (in crop mode only on the D800 though I think), and I realize they provide a different feel to the camera.

But what is the thing(s) that make a difference to you. For me the first two don't matter, and I have no clue about the last until I can put one in my hand.

Is it the feel? Or do you need the other features?

What is it that makes it worth the rather large price? Am I missing something? (Literal not rhetorical question).

Comments welcomed on pictures: Http://captivephotons.com

A general, generic topic Why do you use a grip? [View all] , Ferguson Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for the generous sharing of his high level expertise in the spirit of Nikonians , Fri 06-Apr-12 10:36 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Why do you use a grip?