Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Is the 800 a replacement for the 700?

KnightPhoto

Alberta, CA
4962 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Is the 800 a replacement for the 700?"

KnightPhoto Gold Member Nikonian since 18th Dec 2006
Sat 11-Feb-12 06:21 PM

Well, Nikon would like us all to get a D4 and a D800 and that would solve a few problems, plus don't forget to toss in a D400! The decision between these has gotten no easier, I will concede that. I've looked at a few high ISO D800 and I like them and am sure it will still make a great all around camera, but I can see the noise there and yes a gripped 6fps at full crop rather than DX would have been a dynamite feature.

If we look past the sensor though, the subsystem improvements on both the D4 and D800 look really really good though, so hard to go too far wrong, especially if one keeps a D700 or other recent pro-body kicking around to go with the D800.

Best regards, SteveK

'A camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera.' -- Dorothea Lange
My Nikonians gallery
My Nikonians Blog

A general, generic topic Is the 800 a replacement for the 700? [View all] , Shy Talk Silver Member , Sat 11-Feb-12 12:46 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Is the 800 a replacement for the 700?