Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

What are you sacrificing for a D800?

km6xz

St Petersburg, RU
3577 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: What are you sacrificing for a D800?"

km6xz Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Portraits and Urban Photography Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2009
Fri 02-Mar-12 07:53 AM

Is it a sacrifice? Spending an extra hour and a half cutting the lawn is a good thing, more healthy exercise, less TV, more fresh air. People spend $500 a month on health clubs to have just the exercise increase, and you are getting more...including a better cut lawn;>)

For me, I have no idea if I will get a D800 or not. I had a D4 on order but cancelled it a week ago because my timing to get back to the US to get it apparently is missing the availability window in the first batch. Flying back another time just to pick up the camera would be a wasted $2500 and several days. That gives me the option of exploring both, but right now I have neither on order.
But I did sock away the money for the D4 so there will not be any feeling of guilt for being so extravagant when I really do not "need" any new camera, but I would sure like one. This last reason, pure desire rather than need, is a good enough reason because I have so few needs or wants, and have learned to live much simpler in recent years and miss very little. If I had a family to support or suburban home with a mortgage I would never consider a D4 or D800, but since I do not have those things anymore, by choice, I have lots of flexible time to use a camera.

Stan
St Petersburg Russia

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic What are you sacrificing for a D800? [View all] , mwhals Silver Member , Thu 01-Mar-12 11:17 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: What are you sacrificing for a D800?