Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

(For Stan et al) Will D800 grab more HD data per frame,...

Robman3

West of Santa Monica, US
1842 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"(For Stan et al) Will D800 grab more HD data per frame, over D7K and D4?"

Robman3 Registered since 12th Apr 2010
Wed 08-Feb-12 09:00 PM | edited Wed 08-Feb-12 09:01 PM by Robman3

So, on video capture, is it resolving to a JPEG motion (generally) of 4MPs (+ or -) versus the typical 2MPs (+ or -) for h.264?

Or, is there improvement if off camera capture is a HD or SSD when going from h.264 (in camera) to 4.2.2 teetered?

I'm going to the shop today to put yet another deposit down, the D4 is already in the pipeline, however, the reasons for the D4 are video related as the D3S, has done quite well in non flash for me, but if I get the D800, I can hand off or sell the D7K to make back a little and perhaps(?) skip the D4 altogether, remote control isn't critical for me.

Any thoughts (Stan and or other luminaries?)

Many thanks,

Rob

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A topic tagged as having a question (For Stan et al) Will D800 grab more HD data per frame,... [View all] , Robman3 , Wed 08-Feb-12 08:00 PM