Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D800 - A bit underwhelmed (low-light) :-(

Pick of Penang

MY
14 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D800 - A bit underwhelmed (low-light) :-("

Pick of Penang Registered since 09th Nov 2011
Thu 09-Feb-12 02:29 AM | edited Thu 09-Feb-12 08:39 AM by briantilley

Yeah, I think I can actually figure that out myself. Point is, I expected the D800 to have better low-light improvement than it it did. I doubt I'm the only one expecting / hoping for that. It's hardly a niche requirement. And the assumption (as many are) is wrong, I'm not looking for D4 performance, I was looking for BETTER performance over the D700, not an unrealistic expectation in light of 'advancement'.

The D700 does seem the best option at the moment albeit I may wait to see if anything else comes out. The D400 has been mentioned but I'd rather go for FX this time around.

A general, generic topic D800 - A bit underwhelmed (low-light) :-( [View all] , Pick of Penang , Wed 08-Feb-12 02:43 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D800 - A bit underwhelmed (low-light) :-(