Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D800 - A bit underwhelmed (low-light) :-(

rodsky77

US
345 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D800 - A bit underwhelmed (low-light) :-("

rodsky77 Registered since 08th Jan 2008
Wed 08-Feb-12 09:25 AM | edited Wed 08-Feb-12 09:26 AM by rodsky77

>I also think Nikon will bring out an enthusiasts FX camera
>that will combine some of the D4 and D800 features in about 6
>months time.
>
>Steve.
>

I would love for that to be true. I am not quite sure if this will ever happen though. I really don't need or want 36MP - the file size
is just not very attractive. I think that the D800 is a step in the right direction - Nikon was missing a Pro studio body - for larger prints.

If they do come out with a D700S - the price difference between it and the D800 would need to be at least $500-$600 for people to buy it. In order to make this body, they would need a new production line, unless of course they could just stick the sensor from D4 into the D800 body - but then we know that it does not quite work like that.....

All in all, I am hopeful, but I don't think that this will happen in 6 months - most likely, the next body to come out is the D400 - it's long overdue.

I am perfectly happy with the D700

It's my wife who needs the D400

A general, generic topic D800 - A bit underwhelmed (low-light) :-( [View all] , Pick of Penang , Wed 08-Feb-12 02:43 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D800 - A bit underwhelmed (low-light) :-(