Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D800 - A bit underwhelmed (low-light) :-(

avm247

Rancho Cordova, US
18758 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D800 - A bit underwhelmed (low-light) :-("

avm247 Moderator Awarded for high skills in documentary architecture and aviation photography Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Charter Member
Wed 08-Feb-12 04:24 AM

If you need this now, get the D700 and use it for several month. By then, the reviews and critical tests will be up and you can get a better decision if you want or need a D800.

If you decide you need to change, you can always offset the cost of a D3s or D800 by selling the D700. Or you might find that its all you really need.

While I love the D800 specs and if I had waited a few more months I probably would've waited and picked up a D800 when released, I have no regrets in buying my D700, new, last November. It's a heck of camera, old technology or not, it still produces some amazing images.

In the mean time, I'm saving my pennies for a speedlight, then faster glass.

Anthony

The Moderator Page and My Gallery
The important things in life are simple; the simple things are hard.

A general, generic topic D800 - A bit underwhelmed (low-light) :-( [View all] , Pick of Penang , Wed 08-Feb-12 02:43 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D800 - A bit underwhelmed (low-light) :-(