Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

My beef with the D800 - Speed!

km6xz

St Petersburg, RU
3559 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: My beef with the D800 - Speed!"

km6xz Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Portraits and Urban Photography Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2009
Fri 10-Feb-12 12:58 AM

You might be assuming frame rate is needed in a new camera to be the same or better than a current camera if that need was based on habits rather than absolute necessity. For example, would you need more frames on a subject if the AF was tracking better as the D800 and D4 are major improvements over prior cameras. Or the addition of tracking accuracy due to the 91k sensor that allow retaining tracking during a sequence, or allowing faster shutter and therefore less blackout time with the 2++ stops of sensitivity. With more options in reach with your lenses, crop or full frame, or post cropping a great deal more in full 36mpx coverage.
The assumption that a D800 is not a step up with more keepers of higher quality solely because of the number of frames taken in a sequence might be premature. It might take a little adjustment of habit or technique but the rewards are likely to be many, with image quality you have never hoped to get from a D300.
Who knows right now, but if the face tracking working on eyes instead of human full face features, it might be the ultimate wildlife camera.
Stan
St Petersburg Russia

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic My beef with the D800 - Speed! [View all] , MotoMannequin Awarded for his extraordinary skills in landscape and wildlife photography , Thu 09-Feb-12 09:42 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: My beef with the D800 - Speed!