Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D800 vs D700 Shutter Noise?

IntegrityPhotos

Deerfield, US
1253 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"D800 vs D700 Shutter Noise?"

IntegrityPhotos Registered since 26th Apr 2006
Thu 05-Apr-12 03:44 PM | edited Thu 05-Apr-12 03:46 PM by IntegrityPhotos

For those of you with both bodies, what is your impression of the noise difference between the two? To my sensitive ears (a sound recording technician in a prior life) the D700 has a sharp and loud metalic sound with each activation. At speed, it's like a small metal hammer going off. It's much louder and more metalic sounding than any other Nikon body I've experienced, including the various FX and DX iterations. My concern is that the D800 is equally as obtrusive and loud, which limits its application in quiet environments. Thanks in advance for any first hand experience you have.

PS: Please include any observations about the "Quiet Mode" on the D800.

OldPhotos
"If everyone possesses some measure of this intangible quality called creativity, photography is unprecedented as an outlet for its expression." - Ansel Adams

A general, generic topic D800 vs D700 Shutter Noise? [View all] , IntegrityPhotos , Thu 05-Apr-12 01:44 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D800 vs D700 Shutter Noise?