Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Can Capture Sharpening Equilize the Sharpness of D800 w...

jim thomas

Edmond, US
1322 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"Can Capture Sharpening Equilize the Sharpness of D800 with D800E?"

jim thomas Silver Member Nikonian since 12th Jan 2003
Mon 13-Feb-12 11:46 PM

I have ordered the D800 rather than the D800E due to concerns about moire' problems with the E model. I read somewhere that the difference between the sharpness of the D800 and the E model could be equalized by proper application of capture sharpening. I use Photoshop CS5 and routinely apply capture sharpening in Camera Raw. I have no experience with trying to fix moire' problems so am unable to evaluate how difficult that is. However, from what I have read the consensus seems to be that it can be quite difficult to fix.

Do you think that capture sharpening of D800 images will produce the same sharpness as one can achieve with the E model?

JDT

A general, generic topic Can Capture Sharpening Equilize the Sharpness of D800 w... [View all] , jim thomas Silver Member , Mon 13-Feb-12 10:46 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Can Capture Sharpening Equilize the Sharpness of D8...