Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Bob32

Chico, US
5863 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Nikon D800"

Bob32 Silver Member Nikonian since 29th Jul 2007
Sat 18-Feb-12 01:58 PM

Hey, Alan!

I totally agree with you and Anthony about the D700 continuing to be a premier image producer, especially under low light conditions. I just celebrated the third anniversary of my purchase of a D700 and have had a blast using it over that period of time. Buying this winner was like getting a D3 for half price!

I just recently passed the 84,000 shutter release count. (The count adds up fast when shooting sports at 5 FPS). I have no fear whatsoever that as soon as the D800 enters the scene my D700 will suddenly commence shooting inferior images. I not only love the images that emerge from my D700, but I also favor the less bulky and lower weight D700 compared with the D3 and D3s. As a senior citizen the less weight I have to tote when on shooting adventures the better I like it.

Bob

A general, generic topic Nikon D800 [View all] , sensor , Thu 09-Feb-12 03:20 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Nikon D800