Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Difference between D800 and D800e?

DMCdigitalmedia

US
130 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Difference between D800 and D800e?"

DMCdigitalmedia Registered since 04th Jan 2007
Fri 17-Feb-12 09:03 PM

I'd say get the E for Architecture, I currently use a Medium Format Digital Back for my Architecture shoots, It has no AA Filter and I rarely have a problem with Moire.

I think the real limiting factor here may be the Glass, the samples on the nikon site of the E are a bit underwhelming to my eye when compared to the files from my 22pm back shot through Rollei (schnieder) glass.

Believe me I would much rather use a Nikon DSLR for that stuff IF it was as good as the MFDB file or even very close...when viewed at 100% the samples are much softer and lack the detail of the MFDB files at 22MP.

Now I normally would not even compare the two but Nikon brought it up ! I will most likely rent a D800E when they come out and do a proper test...Here's hoping !

www.dcarbophoto.com

"Like" me on facebook

www.facebook.com/dcarbophoto

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Difference between D800 and D800e? [View all] , piniongear , Fri 17-Feb-12 06:34 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Difference between D800 and D800e?