Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Upgrade to the D800 or pick up dedicated video camcorde...

johno

St. Louis, US
525 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Upgrade to the D800 or pick up dedicated video camcorder?"

johno Silver Member Nikonian since 23rd May 2006
Tue 14-Feb-12 03:18 PM

I have an ok camcorder...a great one when I bought it 13 years ago. I would much rather have the d800 for my video needs, which are limited.

When I want to shoot video it is a few seconds at the beach or at a waterfall, or panning a landscape, etc. a bunch of 10 seconds or 15 second clips. Maybe a 4 minute song my daughter sings at a concert. Never a professional video. If I were a pro video shooter I would get a nice pro quality video camera.

For me that is much better to have one camera for.photos and limited video.

Btw, that $2000 3-ccd Sony dv camera I bought 13 years ago... I have shot about 20 dv tapes with it and spent about 1/2 hour looking at the videos.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Upgrade to the D800 or pick up dedicated video camcorde... [View all] , alphaod , Tue 14-Feb-12 12:27 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Upgrade to the D800 or pick up dedicated video camc...