Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Sensor pixel size (photosite) in D800 ?

Kidkett

Campo, US
442 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Sensor pixel size (photosite) in D800 ? compared to D2HS"

Kidkett Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 09th Apr 2010
Wed 22-Feb-12 06:22 AM

Hi Debra,

Have you downloaded one of the RAW pictures converted to a JPEG that is about 17-18 MB in size and looked at the detail in one of those pictures? If you haven’t I suggest that you do and take a look. Open it at 200% and look at the veins in her eyes and the beautiful peach fuss on her face that look like you need to get out the shaver looking at it at 200%. There is so much detail, look at the mascara above her right eye where she touched it with her brush that you would never see with the camera I use anyway.

And I know that we aren’t going to be looking at out prints at 200% but there is so much detail from this camera. I waited a long time for this camera and might have to change my style of taking picture as a travel-walking around camera but I love the detail it gives. So download this picture and take a look, this one I edited from another post trying to edit it and is my version but you look at the original and tell us what you think. No matter what the 4.9 micron pixel size, this camera looks like it will produce some great detail. Also upload the 22MB library shot, stunning I thought I might be able to read the titles of the books. LOL

Good Luck,
Bill

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment#1 (jpg file)

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Sensor pixel size (photosite) in D800 ? [View all] , dgillilan Silver Member , Wed 22-Feb-12 12:11 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Sensor pixel size (photosite) in D800 ? compared to...
Reply message approx. 4.9 microns Debra...