Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D800 "A whole new category of camera"

DennisOwens

DE
326 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D800 "A whole new category of camera""

DennisOwens Moderator Donor Ribbon awarded for his most generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Donor Ribbon awarded for his extraordinary generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Sports and Time-lapse Photography Nikonian since 18th Dec 2007
Fri 02-Mar-12 06:22 PM

Now here is an interesting feature I was just made aware of reading this article. I am looking forward to exploiting this option in my studio.

Thanks Martin for sharing this with us...

"...The D800 is the answer to their prayers. And – this is a pretty technical example, but anyway – photographers who use a flash in a studio setting often match white balance to their studio flash units before shooting, but because the actual background lighting in studios usually consists of incandescent bulbs with low color temperatures, the live view preview looks extremely red, which I've been told makes it hard to visualize the results. So this time we've made it so you can choose separate white balance settings for live view and the final photograph. You can match white balance to the background lighting for live view and to the flash for the photograph, which should make a lot of studio photographers happy, given that high resolution is a must in their line of work. We've included a lot of features like this which should make photographers happy."

All the best and Good Light,

Dennis

Dennis Owens
Germany
Nikonians Team Member

Click on image to view larger version

A general, generic topic D800 "A whole new category of camera" [View all] , martinq Gold Member , Thu 01-Mar-12 12:45 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message I think this is a double-edged sword...
Reply message RE: D800 "A whole new category of camera"