Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
poc

US
325 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"D800 as a DX?"

poc Registered since 08th Jan 2008
Sun 04-Mar-12 05:06 PM

Hello all,
I currently use a D300s for the majority of my landscape work with a D7000 as my backup and whenever I am not on a tripod. Size is important, as I am usually hiking, so I want to stay relatively light. My lenses consist of a mixture of DX lenses and older (but smaller) FX lenses. Having rented the Trinity of FX lenses I came to the conclusion that as wonderful as they are, they are just too big for what I enjoy. I will remain with DX for the near and midterm future.

Given my current scenario, would there be any advantages to replacing the D300s with a D800 and using it mainly in DX mode?

I am not infected with NAS, and am not a pixel peeper, but am merely considering newer technologies for future planning.

Thank you in advance for any insights.

POC

http://cabreraphoto.smugmug.com

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic D800 as a DX? [View all] , poc , Sun 04-Mar-12 04:06 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D800 as a DX?