Lucky for me, I will have up to 30 days to evaluate the D800 before deciding whether to keep it or go for the D4. I am relieved that the D4 has been delayed.
I am first on both list and was afraid I would have to pass on the D4. The extra weight of the D4 will not balance well if I take all those extra C-notes out of my wallet, but I may need that extra High ISO capability. So, if I actually like the D800 enough to keep it, I may end up with a used D3s as dedicated Event camera. Otherwise, I will get the D4 to use at Events and for Video.