Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Ordered a D800e but now, second thoughts about a D7000 ...

TomCurious

Bay Area, US
2352 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Ordered a D800e but now, second thoughts about a D7000 ..."

TomCurious Registered since 03rd Jan 2007
Tue 06-Mar-12 05:05 PM

The D800 would offer two advantages:

- For birds and such, it has much better AF than the D7000. The D7000 AF is pretty good, but I often encounter it's limitations, especially when shooting birds in flight. The initial acquisition time and the tracking abilities are not on par with my D700. The D800 combines the pixel density of the D7000 with the AF of pro bodies (it's even better than the D700).

- For landscapes, you will get better resolution. Since both D7000 and D800 have the same pixel density, you can think about it as if it were film cameras: a 35mm film camera and an APS film camera, both loaded with the same film. Once you take your shots and get the slides back, the side from the 35mm camera is twice the size as the slide from the APS camera. So you can make bigger prints from it, or prints are the same size will look crisper.

Tom
Bay Area Nikonian

http://www.tkphoto.me/

A topic tagged as having a question Ordered a D800e but now, second thoughts about a D7000 ... [View all] , HSSwan Silver Member Laureate Ribbon awarded as a winner in a Nikonians Best of Images Annual Photo Contest , Mon 05-Mar-12 01:51 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Ordered a D800e but now, second thoughts about a D7...
Reply message Some thoughts on the D800 for birds...