Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Ordered a D800e but now, second thoughts about a D7000 ...

HSSwan

Hollywood, US
58 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Ordered a D800e but now, second thoughts about a D7000 ..."

HSSwan Silver Member Laureate Ribbon awarded as a winner in a Nikonians Best of Images Annual Photo Contest Nikonian since 24th Jun 2006
Tue 06-Mar-12 04:20 PM

First, thank you for the responses. You've confirmed my reasoning which sometimes is a bit slow on the uptake. I'm going to consider my uses more carefully now that I have time, according to B&H Photo, I shouldn't expect the D800e anytime soon....

My digital gear of late has been geared to traveling on motorcycles and backpacking which means small and light, but with all the FX lenses in my kit and a seemingly uncontrollable urge to add a Zeiss 21mm I'll keep the argument in my head going.

As to the humming birds, I'm not a birder it's just my back yard. I have noticed that a few weeks a year the shadow of the house and sun provide for some great lighting. I won't take much credit for anything else in the shot than being in the right place and time. It's chaos and they move way too fast for me to claim a Cartier-Bresson moment. More like, just keep shooting while the light lasts and see what you get later. Here's another one from that shooting philosophy:
http://hsswan.smugmug.com/Animals/Birds-in-the-Oaks/9736269_SH8Zxr#!i=1738767679&k=rDkKvsM&lb=1&s=XL

A topic tagged as having a question Ordered a D800e but now, second thoughts about a D7000 ... [View all] , HSSwan Silver Member Laureate Ribbon awarded as a winner in a Nikonians Best of Images Annual Photo Contest , Mon 05-Mar-12 01:51 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Ordered a D800e but now, second thoughts about a D7...
Reply message Some thoughts on the D800 for birds...